Wednesday, November 02, 2005

Red Sox and more

So now we know that Lucchino does not read my blog. I mean, merde dude, I TOLD you to pay Theo. Did you listen to me? Huh? Asshole.

You know what really burns my heine? They pay some morons that can't pitch in the bullpen multiples of what would have made Theo happy but since he is "young" he can't be worth it. And those pitchers ... they are "old and seasoned and worth it?" Of course, it is probably a lot more difficult than that. It must have something to do with power too. Either way, it was a serious misplay. It is the start of another bad patch. I hope Theo goes to the Dodgers. There are some hot babes in LA and with his tickets ....

So on to Alito. As predicted yesterday, some of the more moderate Senators from the Dem side are weighing in for Alito. The conservative had better shut their traps and pass on comment. No matter what they say, it will only hurt the best candidate that they have any right to hope for. Let the moderates do all the talking.

For my part, I am liking Alito more and more. I am a staunch believer in the "softly, softly" branch of judicial progress. If it isn't there, don't find a "penumbra" to stick it under. Make a clear message to the Legislature that change will be welcome and let it go at that. I am reminded of an opinion handed down by the esteemed members of the Second Circuit Court of Appeals ... the wag doing the writing added "notwithstanding the creative interpretation [on this matter] espoused by our brethren on the 9th Circuit, we hold otherwise...." Damn if that aint the judicial body-slam of all time. My privates shrink at the mere thought. Anyway, it is precisely that sort of creative interpretations of the law that I would like to see consigned to the poop-hole of history. But stare decisis is what it is. Just lets move on from here in a sensible fashion. No chipping away at your pet peeves. You want unlimited anonymous abortion -- lets pass a Constitutional amendment making that clear. Or lets leave it to the States -- sure that means a patchwork of laws profoundly affecting women everywhere, but so does the current state of affairs. It just depends on how you look at things. Who's right? I dunno. But I don't think that any single one of us does (not me, not you). If you live in a State that you regard as enlightened (either pro or con), great. If you don't dig it, change it or move. If you have the requisite majority of the country on yourt side, change the Constitution. You just can't say -- but I am right on this topic. Someone else thinks that they are right too. And their vote is as good as yours. Or are you not really so democratic (that is a small "d", not a party representation) after all?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home