Wednesday, April 28, 2010

More Arizona

In case I may have been misunderstood yesterday: I think everybody should have to carry identification cards.  I think that employers who hire illegals are the malfeasors here -- if relative wealth was across the border, I'd do it too.

And there is a huge risk of innocent people being unfairly singled out merely because of race and color.  But equally, you cannot just say "OK, so we will just let it happen because we don't want to offend anyone." Instead, punish the employers of illegals with real teeth and provide a guest worker program that makes sense.  Most illegals are just trying to make a living, and I don't want to begrudge them that: I just don't want to pay for it either.

Which brings me back to Obama: by and because of this Administration's inaction and incompetence, millions of Latinos will now have to be watching their backs as second class citizens -- and they DO NOT deserve that.  Open borders is NOT a solution. Ignoring the problem is NOT a solution. Benign neglect has created chaos. Thanks, Obama. This is a move of desperation by the people of Arizona and the blame lies squarely at your feet.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home